Articles of Faith
The Articles of Faith are based on the Nicene Creed adopted by the Christian Church in AD330 and widely accepted today by the Christian Church. We believe:
1. That the Holy Scriptures, as given by God, are divinely inspired, infallible (entirely trustworthy) and the supreme
authority in all matters of faith and practice.
2. In one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
3. In our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles and atoning death
4. In the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, in His personal return and the judgement of the world by Him
5. That all have sinned and are justly exposed to the judgement of God
6. That the redemption from the guilt penalty and the power of sin, is possible only through the death and shed blood and the resurrection of Christ Jesus
7. In the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Jesus Christ effective to the individual sinner,
granting him repentance toward God, and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, enabling the believer to live a holy life and to
witness and work for Him
8. In the resurrection of the body, the eternal blessedness of the righteous, and the eternal punishment of the wicked
9. That every believer is baptised into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit, and thus, being members of one another are responsible for keeping the unity of the Spirit, and in the bond of peace, loving one another with a pure heart.